Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a long drive in our 2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate (Canada). In the province of Quebec when they do Freeway construction they divert you into the opposing lanes divided for 2 way traffic by big cones. After about 15 seconds of this I heard the female warning voice alerting me that I was going in the wrong direction, wish I could remember the whole script, but I was too busy laughing my butt off. All I could think of was John Candy and Steve Martin in Planes Trains and Automobiles going the wrong way and the couple are yelling at them. Maybe Hyundai should have used those voices....you are going to kill someone.

· Registered
310 Posts
Reminds me of occasions when house-sitting my son's home during his family's vacation of the inventive cursing and suggestions of activities their Alexa should undertake whenever it considered it appropriate to try to initiate a conversation with me. His wife mentioned when they got back it was 'acting weird'. They eventually got rid of it and another one, maybe Siri IDK. Or care.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Just took a long drive in our 2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate (Canada). In the province of Quebec when they do Freeway construction they divert you into the opposing lanes divided for 2 way traffic by big cones. After about 15 seconds of this I heard the female warning voice alerting me that I was going in the wrong direction, wish I could remember the whole script, but I was too busy laughing my butt off. All I could think of was John Candy and Steve Martin in Planes Trains and Automobiles going the wrong way and the couple are yelling at them. Maybe Hyundai should have used those voices....you are going to kill someone.
Why come to Quebec, we had the best roads, yes we HAD. Warning don't bother coming to Montreal, I know the we have beautiful girls here, but keep your car out of Montreal for at least 3 years, They're working underground, Tunnel, so stay away unless you really want to get into a messy traffic. LOL

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why come to Quebec, we had the best roads, yes we HAD. Warning don't bother coming to Montreal, I know the we have beautiful girls here, but keep your car out of Montreal for at least 3 years, They're working underground, Tunnel, so stay away unless you really want to get into a messy traffic. LOL
Quebec is a necessary thoroughfare from Ontario to Atlantic provinces, usually I go through the US but Covid changed my plans. At least we can bypass Montreal now with the 30. Not like the old days of the parking lot they call the Metropolitan (40) then the tunnel.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
If You had to go to the Atlantic Provinces, I agree, take 401, then bridge to 30 and then you take the 20, Now the 30 is under Construction (enlarging to 3 lanes) from Brossard to the 20)
Compared to the old day, 401, 40 then either stay on 40 and bridge to the 20 in 3 Rivers or Quebec city.
It's crazy driving around here, even GPS cannot keep up to date. LOL it will tell RECALCULATE

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If You had to go to the Atlantic Provinces, I agree, take 401, then bridge to 30 and then you take the 20, Now the 30 is under Construction (enlarging to 3 lanes) from Brossard to the 20)
Compared to the old day, 401, 40 then either stay on 40 and bridge to the 20 in 3 Rivers or Quebec city.
It's crazy driving around here, even GPS cannot keep up to date. LOL it will tell RECALCULATE
Yup, lots of construction, always wondered why they didn’t 3 lane the 30 when they built it. It is a parking lot now with construction

· Registered
203 Posts
When of my favorite movies of all times! Funny stuff! The wrong way on the highway was hilarious, the burning car, the motel scene with the watches, the pickup truck ride in the bed with the dog, freezing, just a great movie, and poignant also.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Yup, lots of construction, always wondered why they didn’t 3 lane the 30 when they built it. It is a parking lot now with construction
At the time it was built in 1968, there wasn't much traffic from Sorel to the 20, so 2 lanes on each side was enough and so badly built that the asphalt started deteriorating a couple years after. Today due to increase of traffic, cause many people left the city and living in the suburbs and main traffic is from the 20 to the 10 that highway needed to be increased in lanes. Same with Autoroute 19 which links A440 to Riviere des Milles isles. Now it's 1 lane on each side, they're building the other 2 lanes which become 2 lanes on each side,
Autoroutes are projected to 3 or 4 lanes on each side, but a lane is added when traffic increases.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts